Paul Walker is a Brooklyn-based technologist and philanthropist. He advises companies and investors in AI and FinTech, providing organizations with guidance in business, technology, people and product strategy.
Paul spends his philanthropic energies working with organizations that provide opportunity and social capital to young adults through access to education, science, and critical reasoning.
Paul’s activities include:
- Industry Partner and member of the Global Advisory Council at Motive Partners, a next-generation FinTech investment firm.
- Independent board member at Unqork, the leading no-code enterprise software platform.
- Independent board member at OpenFin, a software company providing the desktop application operating system for financial services.
- Chair of the board at LMRKTS a financial and operational risk mitigation service provider that uses mathematical optimization to reduce counterparty, market and settlement exposures.
- Investor and advisor at GoodNation, the first philanthropic advising platform that uses a values-based approach to match major donors with effective, high impact charities.
- Chair of the board at Quill.org, a non-profit using AI to teach writing and critical reasoning which was named one of Fast Company’s 2018 10 most innovative companies in education.
Paul retired as a partner from Goldman Sachs in 2015, where he co-headed the firm’s technology division and held roles in risk management and technology. He holds a PhD in Physics from the University of Illinois and a BA in Physics from Cornell University.